Q: Manual rack to power rack

I am looking to get a 1992 Honda civic cx hatchback with a 1997 Integra type r engine swap. This car does not come with powersteering and I would like to do a conversion from this car's manual rack to an Integra power rack. What car parts would I need for this? Thanks in advance!

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in. I’m not ...

Hi there, thanks for writing in.

I’m not sure that installing the Integra Type R steering system would work, as the bodies of the car are different, meaning the steering racks are not likely compatible. I would suggest comparing the Civic SI 1.6 liter steering system to see if it’s compatible with your vehicle. Other than this vehicle, I am not aware of any conversion that would work with the engine you plan on putting in. For any future service needs, you could hire a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to provide service at your home or office.