Q: Malfunction light has gone on.

The malfunction light is on. My car has 119,000 miles on it. It is a Sunday and I'm not sure what my first move should be.

If your vehicle is able to be driven then you can go to a local parts store to have them scan the computer to get the codes and diagnose the problem. If vehicle is not able to be driven like its lost power, overheats or won’t move then you may need to have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic come to you and check it out to see if vehicle can be repaired on the road or needs to go to a speciality shop for repairs.