Q: Making noise when hooking battery cables up.

Put a radio in. Went to hook cables up to battery it tried turning over(key not even in ingnition). Read some forums said check ignition switch(good), starter wires touching(not). I have starter out now. Bumped cable back to battery now making a noise sound like its coming from somewhere between fire wall and glove box area.

A: Hi there. Assuming this was not an issue pr...

Hi there. Assuming this was not an issue prior to the radio installation. This would lead me to believe you have inadvertently tied into the starter solenoid signal wire with the installation of the radio. Using a test light, probe the starter solenoid signal wire, now momentarily connect the negative battery terminal, test light lights and there is a short to power. It is possible, not likely, the ignition switch has internally shorted. Isolating the short to power is more than likely going to resolve the starter issue. There is a possibility that the starter relay is stuck. I recommend having your vehicle’s electrical issued diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to have this corrected.