Q: Major electrical problems.

Just bought this Audi, however it has some major electrical problems. The headlights, windows, brake lights, wipers and reverse lights all don't work. And there are quite a few lights lit up on the dashboard displaying "problems". I figured that it was highly possible that these problems might all be related, but I don't know enough about audis to figure it out myself. I'm trying to figure out if it would be worth my time to try and fix it, or if I should just trade it in for something else? Any help would be great, thanks.

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. You should check...

Hi, thanks for writing in. You should check for water intrusion to the interior of the vehicle. Pull the carpeting up on both the driver's and passenger side front. There are many computers in these cars that some are located in the floors under the carpeting. If water got in either through the cabin filter housing, sunroof drains, etc, that can be your problem. If water got in, you can be looking at replacing major electronic components as well as wiring issues.

If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.