Q: Maintenence warranty

I'm purchased a 2012 550i gt and the maintenance warranty is about to expire. I'm unsure if purchasing the 1 year maintenence warranty for $1250 is a good investment. Please advise.

As you know, with any car the life expectancy of it depends largely on the maintenance schedule the owner has maintained, the driving conditions it is subjected to, the driving habits of the owner and many other factors. As with any vehicle, proper maintenance schedules are a key factor to prolonging the longevity of the vehicle and avoiding unnecessary costly repair bills due to neglecting proper maintenance intervals. Depending on the maintenance intervals required for your vehicle and the relative cost of these, this may or may not be a good investment. this will also depend on the amount of mileage you drive in a given year since the maintenance intervals are correlated to the number of miles on the vehicle.