Q: Maintenance issues

Cost to replace gear shift assembly... I spilled a coke and its sticky... Dealership said the whole thing needed to be replaced. Also having problems with my A/C... It's been blowing hot & cold... Has freon... Friend said the compressor wasn't clicking on. Are these things you could handle vs a shop?

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in. I’d be hap...

Hi there, thanks for writing in. I’d be happy to help. The gear shift assembly may be salvageable if there are no additional issues related to its functionality beyond it just being sticky from the soda. As for the A/C unit, this may also be something other than the compressor, such as a relay. Inspecting and/or replacing your gearshift assembly and inspecting your A/C unit (and possibly replacing the compressor) are certainly things we can come to your home or office for to diagnose and repair.