Q: Made some repairs to the shift linkage bushing. Now my engine cranks but won't start.

I made a repair to the shift bushing on outside on top of the transmission the shifter then was hard to get out of park had to mash the button on the side down at the bottom the repair is good it shifts easily once you can get it out heart but the car will not start it cranks but will not start I have taken the shift handle off outside the transmission rotated to gears to be in park I moved the car back and forth to make sure put the shifter and park and reinstalled everything still will not start

Hello. If the no start condition began after your work on the shifter linkage then it may be possible that the two are related. If you have already double checked your work and everything appears to be fine, then there may be something else wrong.

Crank but no start conditions are commonly caused by issues with the fuel, ignition, or engine management systems. A few common causes for a no start are a faulty ignition coil, crank position sensor, or fuel pump.

First, take a look at the vehicle’s fuses and see if any of them have burned out. If one of the main fuses or relays burns out, it can prevent the vehicle from starting. A few specific fuses and relays to look at are the efi main, fuel pump, and ignition. If these all look okay, then move on to examining the vehicle’s ignition and engine management systems.

As these sorts of issues can sometimes be difficult to diagnose, it is recommended that you get a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to come to your location to diagnose why your car is not starting.

3. Made some repairs to the shift linkage bushing. Now my engine cranks but won't start.