Q: Lunges forward going into high gear

When my 2009 Toyota Camry shifts into high gear at highway speed it lunges forward. Not sure if it is slipping or what is the problem. Only does it when going into the last gear.

Hi There, It sounds like you may have a bad transmission speed sensor that may be sending an intermittent signal to the transmission control module. This is a common problem when these sensors go bad and should be looked at by a certified mechanic. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your transmission.

3. Lunges forward going into high gear