Q: Low rpms can't reverse

My Versa Note had been running great until it had 60,000 miles on it. I had it regularly serviced, too. All of a sudden my car started to act up while driving on the freeway. I drove it at a constant speed but the revs were going insane! I pulled over and the revs didn't move at all. They didn't go over 1000 rpms in drive even after pushing all the way down on the gas. It was almost impossible to park in reverse. I had it towed to the nearest dealership. Do you have any ideas about what could be wrong?

Hello there. Thanks for writing in about your 2014 Nissan Versa Note. Many different faults could cause the vehicle to lack power. The most common would be a fuel pump, fuel filter, misfire condition, spark plugs, coil, battery, alternator, or throttle body. This is a serious fault and should be repaired before the vehicle is driven again. If you want to have the repairs done elsewhere from the dealer, a qualified technician from YourMechanic, can come to your car’s location to diagnose the vehicle’s loss of power and resolve the issue.

3. Low rpms can't reverse