Q: Q: Low oil pressure light

Low engine oil pressure, the light came on I stopped my tuck immediately. I replaced the oil control switch and filter. I test drove it once and everything was fine. I test drove it a second time and the light came back on and oil pressure went to zero. Before I take the control switch and filter back out what could be causing it to keep getting clogged back up? Also what else could be causing the problem?

Hello, It sounds like you may have an oil pump that may not be pumping the proper amount of oil through the motor maintaining the proper oil pressure. I would suggest checking the oil pump as this can definitely impact oil pressure if not pumping as it should. If the pump checks out as working properly, you may have some blocked oil passages in the motor.

3. Q: Low oil pressure light