Q: Q: Low Idle Issue

I just bought a 1999 Toyota Altezza RS200 with a mileage of 120,000 kms but it has a low idle and the engine vibrates a lot while idling. What could be the issue?

A rough idle may be caused by many different things such as low fuel pressure, low voltage to the fuel injectors, dirty fuel injectors, a vacuum leak, a faulty Oxygen sensor or a dirty or failing idle air control valve. Any of these possibilities relate to fuel delivery issues that will disrupt the normally balanced air/fuel mixture that would otherwise allow the motor to run smoothly. This kind of improper air/fuel ratio will almost always cause the motor to vibrate or shake a bit due to the imbalanced mixture resulting in misfiring, over fueling and under fueling. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Q: Low Idle Issue