Q: Low coolant, fan stays on and heat won't stay warm

Over the last couple of weeks I started having some issues with my 2007 Jeep Wrangler unlimited. 1. I keep having to add coolant to car . 2.heater is will blow out hot air for only seconds before it starts getting cold. 3. And radiator fan is staying on a lot.

A: Hi there. How does the vehicle’s engine run...

Hi there. How does the vehicle’s engine run? If it has no misfire or stumble, we’ll proceed. If you’re having to add coolant, then there is a leak somewhere in the system; hose, water pump, radiator, etc.. Perform a visual inspection to check for signs of coolant. If no signs of coolant are immediately visible, then the leak may be occurring into the engine valley and evaporating off; there would be no sign of a coolant leak. A good pressure tester usually uncovers leaks in the cooling system by adding pressure and causing the coolant to come out where the leak is located. A leaking cooling system will create all of what you’ve described and possibly more if left unchecked; including low air conditioner performance. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several technicians that can assist you with a cooling system leak inspection.