Q: Low coolant, fan stays on and heat won't stay warm

Over the last couple of weeks I started having some issues with my 2007 Jeep Wrangler unlimited. 1. I keep having to add coolant to car . 2.heater is will blow out hot air for only seconds before it starts getting cold. 3. And radiator fan is staying on a lot.

Hi there. How does the vehicle’s engine run? If it has no misfire or stumble, we’ll proceed. If you’re having to add coolant, then there is a leak somewhere in the system; hose, water pump, radiator, etc.. Perform a visual inspection to check for signs of coolant. If no signs of coolant are immediately visible, then the leak may be occurring into the engine valley and evaporating off; there would be no sign of a coolant leak. A good pressure tester usually uncovers leaks in the cooling system by adding pressure and causing the coolant to come out where the leak is located. A leaking cooling system will create all of what you’ve described and possibly more if left unchecked; including low air conditioner performance. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several technicians that can assist you with a cooling system leak inspection.