Q: Q: Loud vibration

When stopped at a red light or stop sign, my car makes a loud vibrating noise. Sounds like it's coming from the dash but if I turn the steering wheel slightly left or right, it stops. It only does this in drive when sitting. What could this be?

Hi there. Weak, worn, or broken engine mounts can cause a vibration such as you’ve described to occur. These mounts secure the engine to the body, cradle, and frame, but also provide a dampening from the engine vibrations. What you’re feeling is that vibration as it resonates through the engine compartment. A visual inspection of all the engine and transmission mounts may produce which mount(s) may need to be replaced. YourMechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a car has a vibration inspection and a motor mount replacement if necessary.

3. Q: Loud vibration