Q: Loud turns after driving awhile

When we've been driving awhile our car starts to making louder whining noises while turning. Then once she sits for awhile it returns to normal. She is older and there is no other symptoms. I've heard it is common for dodge caravans as they age and not to worry too much is this true

If the whining noise is occurring as you turn the steering wheel, it could be the power steering pump failing and/or the drive belt on the pump is loose, worn, or glazed. Such noises are never "normal" and are not expected to occur, thus it is best to have the source of the noise located and if parts are failed have them replaced. YourMechanic can dispatch a certified professional to perform a noise diagnostic on your vehicle and if the pump is failing, replace the power steering pump.