Q: Loud squealing sound - 2014 Toyota Tacoma

When I start my truck up it starts squealing the if I press the clutch in it keeps quieter and if I press the gas it gets quieter. Also when I turn my truck off the squealing winds down it takes about a second until the sound goes away. What is causing this sound?

A: Hello. Your description sounds like a clutc...

Hello. Your description sounds like a clutch release bearing - aka throwout bearing. With only 30,000 miles, you might want to check in with Toyota. I don't know if they would consider it part of their powertrain warranty or if they consider it part of the clutch assembly, and therefore a "wear" item.