Q: Loud sound when turning.

asked by on The video shows the sound the car is making. When the car is in the air their is no sound when the car is on the ground the sound comes back however when i go over 10mph the sound will leave I have replaced the power steering pump and reservoir along with the fluid.

A: Hello. There is a manufacturer technical bu...

Hello. There is a manufacturer technical bulletin to replace the power steering pump L-20 with a stronger style L-30 pump. The L-20 pump may not have enough power at lower engines speeds and the L-30 will. To confirm it is the pump and not the rack, you can hold the engine in park at above 1500 rpms and turn the wheel to see if noise is gone or almost gone. If you need help having this checked, a qualified pro from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to inspect the noise and assist with repair.