Q: Loud snap when closing window

The rear passenger's side power window is not working. There was a loud snap when we tried to close the window.

A: Hello. If you heard a loud snap and your wi...

Hello. If you heard a loud snap and your window is no longer working, that is probably a sign that the motor or regulator have failed. The snap you heard may have been a piece of the motor breaking, or perhaps a cable from the regulator snapping or breaking. I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, remove the door panel and inspect the window system.