Q: Loud screeching in belts after clutch replacement

I put a new Clutch Plate and a Pressure Plate in my 1999 VW Jetta 2.0 - After installation the car won't start unless I push start it and when it does start there is a loud horrible screeching that increases in intensity as my speed and RPMS increase.

Noise in belts or accessory drives can be ruled in or out by temporarily disconnecting the belts and momentarily running the engine. If the noise goes away, then you know the noise originates in the belt/pulleys/bearings. If there is no starter motor operation, but the car does start by pushing it, and afterwards you hear the screeching noise, I would suspect that the starter motor has somehow gotten "stuck" in close proximity to the flywheel. The screeching could be the flywheel hitting the starter motor as the engine runs. I would check for starter motor interference first. If nothing is found, request a no start diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will surely get to the bottom of this. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Loud screeching in belts after clutch replacement