Q: Loud noise while stopping

There is a loud noise when slowing down or coming to a stop mostly from the right front. I think it could be wheel bearing going/gone bad. I was told by a mechanic that the sound was a bad master brake cylinder, but I know that does not make a noise.

Hi. Master cylinders are a hydraulic component that generate pressure when you apply the brakes. They typically do not make noise unless the noise is from an ABS pump or accumulator. This would be a moan/growl type of noise only heard during brake application. A bearing noise is a rotary humming/growling noise. It is typically heard as long as the vehicle is moving and might vary during left or right turns. The noises are both growling type noises but happen at different times. A qualified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can help you determine what the noise is and replace the necessary components.