Q: Loud noise from the back of 1996 GMC K1500

There is a loud noise coming from somewhere towards the back of the vehicle. It is a rotating kind of noise. It gets even louder when I'm making a turn or when I apply the gas. I had a radiator leak so I had it replaced. I installed new U-joints. The axle checks out fine. The fluids are at good levels. I had the rear brakes checked and they are in great condition. What else could I check?

A: Hello. We will be happy to help you with yo...

Hello. We will be happy to help you with your 1996 GMC K1500 Suburban. I suggest that the rear axles are checked for play (this must be done with the rotor or drum removed, otherwise, you won’t be able to feel any abnormal movement). Following that, I suggest that the rear wheel bearings are inspected next. If you would like to have this looked at, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the noise and make the correct repairs.