Q: Loud knock on full right or left lock

The following parts were replaced after which a loud knock can be heard when going forward or reverse on full right or left lock, after the car has been standing for a while but rarely when driving. 1. Front Shock Absorbers 2. Shock Absorber mounts 3. CV joints 4. Big Lower Arm Bushes 5. Small Lower Arm Bushes 6. Lower ball joints 7. Stabilizer Arm Links

Hi there:

Believe it or not, this type of noise is rather common after major front end service has been completed; especially if aftermarket parts have been used. Sometimes when new suspension components are installed, it takes a while for them to ’settle in" and thus they will make loud popping sounds when they are turned all the way to the left or right. If this sound happens at first start up, but not while you’re driving, the "new parts" issue might be the cause. If this sound persists over the next month or so, please contact one of our mobile mechanics to complete a car is making a noise inspection so they can determine if there are any mechanical faults or issues that require adjustment or replacement.