Q: Loud banging from rear suspension of Ford e350 cutaway van single wheel rear not dually.

I have a e350 cutaway 4x4 shuttle bus. It has leaf spring rear suspension. Whenever I go over little bumps or changes in road level (i.e. going from dirt to pavement or construction) there is a loud bang that sounds like something hitting the frame of the bus. I currently don't have much weight over the rear axle and was wondering if it had to do with that or possibly a bump stop? The rear suspension has not been modified besides a lift block.

Look at the suspension on the rear of the van and see if there is anything that looks broken. If not, then the bushings on the shackles on the leaf springs could be damaged causing the leaf springs to shift when going over bumps causing them to bind up. If not, then the leaf springs could be cracked causing the spring to be weak and making the spring bumper hit the frame. If you need further assistance with your suspension making a banging noise on the rear, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• Loud banging from rear suspension of Ford e350 cutaway van single wheel rear not dually.