Q: Loud banging from left valve cover, gets louder when accelerating.

Loud banging noise from left valve cover. Gets louder as you accelerate. Does not sound like tapping.

A: Hi, thanks writing in. This may be a loose ...

Hi, thanks writing in. This may be a loose rocker arm or pushrod which would increase in intensity as the RPMs increase. I would suggest having this looked at immediately as this can cause major damage if continued to be driven like this. I recommend having one of our certified automotive technicians from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect, diagnose, and repair the issue.