Q: Loud banging from left valve cover, gets louder when accelerating.

Loud banging noise from left valve cover. Gets louder as you accelerate. Does not sound like tapping.

Hi, thanks writing in. This may be a loose rocker arm or pushrod which would increase in intensity as the RPMs increase. I would suggest having this looked at immediately as this can cause major damage if continued to be driven like this. I recommend having one of our certified automotive technicians from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect, diagnose, and repair the issue.