Q: Lots and lots of trans issues, probably a lemon

I am convinced that the automatic transmission in my 2012 Ford Focus is a lemon. I've had it serviced multiple times and tried everything to get it to stop shuddering and vibrating during acceleration. My car has only 35,000 miles on it and it’s hard to believe that there hasn’t been a recall with this happening to such relatively new cars. It got worse yesterday and I cannot drive the car anymore without getting it serviced. Is there a fast way to diagnose if the transmission needs replacement?

Ford has issued multiple Technical Service Bulletins (TSB) in last few months pertaining to transmission shuttering, slipping, and leaking shaft seals. I would suggest you set up an appointment with your dealer to have the transmission module reprogrammed. Also check if any of the other TSB articles pertain to fixing your vehicle.