Q: Lost the truck key and went to dealer to get a new one. Got home and it won't turn the ignition on. What could be wrong? It unlocks doors but that's it.

Lost truck key. Got new one at dealer get home won't turn ignition. Will unlock door but won't turn ignition

Hi there. The key will have to be programmed to your vehicle. First put the key in the ignition switch. Turn on the switch to the ’ON’ position. Then press the unlock button and hold it. Turn off the ignition switch while holding the button. Then release the button. Turn on the ignition switch to the ’ON’ position. Then press the lock button and hold it. Turn off the ignition switch while holding the button. Then release the button. Now your vehicle should start. If it does not, you will have to do the same thing in the driver door key slot. If you need further assistance with your key not working, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• Lost the truck key and went to dealer to get a new one. Got home and it won't turn the ignition on. What could be wrong? It unlocks doors but that's it.