Q: Lost power - 1986 Dodge W250

We lost power to the headlight switch, horn, heater switch, and starter. Brand new battery and dimmer switch

A: Hello. Your issue falls within a very stand...

Hello. Your issue falls within a very standard electrical system diagnostic that a YourMechanic professional can accomplish during a mobile visit to your home or office. Typically, an incident of the type you are describing is caused by wiring harness defects, bad terminals and/or grounds, blown fuses (although cause has to be determined so the fuse doesn’t blow again), and faulty relays. If you need to have this repaired by an expert, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the electrical system and move forward with proper repairs.