Q: Lost all the lights on my dashboard, along with a electrical burning smell, and can not get the car in gear

Lost all the dashboard lights after smelling a electric burning smell. Also can not get the car out of park

Hi there. It is very likely that these two different issues are not related to the same damaged component. If you smelled burning electrical it may be the cause of the dashboard lights malfunctioning. If the parking brakes on your vehicle are not working also, it’s possible that the brake switch is faulty, which would lock your transmission in "park". To correctly diagnose this problem, you’ll want to contact a professional mobile mechanic and have them complete an electrical problems inspection; so they can pinpoint the source of your electrical issues. This might also pinpoint the source of your transmission issues.

• Lost all the lights on my dashboard, along with a electrical burning smell, and can not get the car in gear