Q: Loss of power, takes longer to start.

Okay, so two days ago i had to replace my coolant because it froze in the engine. I drained it, thawed it and flushed plus a refill. But now the car takes longer to start, it has almost no power from 1-4 thousand rpms and it idles a bit rough sometimes. I was thinking maybe the camshaftsenor is the problem here but I'm in no way a mechanic so I wanted a word from a pro. Thanks in advance

A: Hi there: Anytime coolant freezes inside a...

Hi there:

Anytime coolant freezes inside an engine, it's typically due to the fact that it's percentage of water was too high. When this occurs, it can cause seals, gaskets and even metallic components to crack or break inside the motor. To be honest, there are dozens of potential reasons why your car takes longer to start, which can only be diagnosed by having a professional mechanic complete an engine is hard to start inspection onsite.