Q: Loss of power

On slight incline the car power seems to go away. Wife says pedal will go all the way down but doesn't want to go. Also, stalls occasionally at stops. What could cause this?

Hi, thanks for writing in. This may be caused by a variety of issues, however these symptoms are very common when the mass airflow sensor is faulty. This is a unit that monitors the air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the motor. When this is not working properly, this can cause stalling and intermittent power loss as you describe. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.