Q: Loss of power 1998 Honda Civic

So I had recently went to a shop to see why my civic was loosing power, and they said the clutch as wearing down, I had replaced it about 4 and a half years ago would this be the reason for lack of power?

Hello - yes, a worn and slipping clutch will cause a lack of movement or loss of performance. Depending on your driving conditions, stop-and-go driving, hill starts, etc. 4 1/2 years of driving could use up a clutch. If you would like a second opinion, I would recommend a clutch inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.