Q: Loss of power at slow speed or when cruising.

Car idles fine but when you take off either forward or reverse car seems to bog down or not run properly. It does the same thing cruising at 40mph. Seems like a low rpm problem.

Hi there:

In most cases, a bogging down issue while accelerating is caused by a fuel related component that is dirty; such as fuel injectors, throttle body, EGR valve or the mass air flow sensor. The best way to determine which one in particular is the source of your 2007 Nissan Altima’s issues is to have a professional mechanic complete an engine is having difficulty accelerating inspection first. This will allow them to pinpoint what’s going wrong so the right repairs can be made.

3. Loss of power at slow speed or when cruising.