Q: Loss of power and rattling from back under part 1998 BMW 323

The car runs but when I get to a higher speed like 50 to 60 mph the car loses power and starts to shake ,I have to pull over then it dies..I left the car without driving for a few days then I turned it on and the rpm was slightly under the 1where it usually sits...and when I press the gas slightly I can hear a metallic rattle coming from the rear under the car..the car stays on I took it for a test drive it did good while going slow but a the speed when up it started loosing power.what could be the problem

3. Loss of power and rattling from back under part 1998 BMW 323