Q: Loss of mpg and power

My truck used to get around 18-20 miles to the gallon now its half that if not worse, last fill up to empty it went 180 miles on a 26 gallon tank. The truck also has issues accelerating and when doing so smells like fuel. Im Pretty handy myself and ive been working on cars and trucks ofr about a half a dozen years and still cant seem to figure it out. I have replaced the map sensor, egr valve, o2 sensor. Pls help

The official EPA combined (overall city and highway) rating for your specific model is 12-13 MPG (the exact value dependent on 2WD versus 4WD). Your reported mileage is about half of the EPA rating and thus is extremely low. Obviously there is a significant problem somewhere causing the low mileage. You should start by carefully checking engine compression. If compression is low, that alone could account for a sizable chunk of the lost efficiency. If compression were to turn out to be really low (near or below spec), frankly your investigation can stop there as the engine should be rebuilt. If the compression is "reasonable", then you’ll want to look for all of the obvious causes of low mileage such as inadequate tire inflation, poor alignment, stuck brake caliper(s), stuck open cooling system thermostat, worn out spark plugs, slipping components in the transmission, dirty or leaking fuel injectors, defects in EGR system, exhaust restrictions, and excess weight in vehicle. If a fault is not found in any of the foregoing, or if you simply want all on the foregoing list inspected, please request a vehicle fuel efficiency diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this issue investigated and resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you

3. Loss of mpg and power