Q: Loss of engine power while driving

Water pump, timing belt, radiator hose, spark plugs, and valve cover gaskets replaced in 2015. Ignition coils were soaked with oil. They were cleaned. Mechanic said coils maybe needed in future. Alternator replaced recently. When attempting to drive car after that, power loss after traveling 1 block. Could travel only 10 mi an hr to get back home.

A: Hi there: If the ignition coils were soake...

Hi there:

If the ignition coils were soaked in oil previously and have yet to be replaced or the problem fixed; that’s most likely your cause of this stalling issue. However, there are multiple components and mechanical failures that could cause this to occur. The best way to know for certain is to have a professional mobile mechanic complete a car is stalling inspection, which would permit the mechanic to complete an onsite exam of your Cadillac to pinpoint the source of this issue and recommend the right repairs be completed.