Q: Losing traction on the rear tires on 2009 Liberty

I have an 'O9 Liberty and every rain when I accelerate on a highway occasionally I lose traction on rear tires. The Cooper discovers there are a lot of tread lines left. Would the rotation help thing out?

A: Sure, rotate them and see what happens. Her...

Sure, rotate them and see what happens. Here is a problem with tires: as tires age, a lot of times they dry out and actually get harder and then they slip. They aren't soft and they don't rip. I had that happen with my wife's Toyota. It came with nice-looking tires. They were Kumho's, which I hate and will never buy again. They had 90% of thread left and they were slipping on rain all the time. I said the heck with that and I put a pair of Goodyear's on them and they don't slip at all in the rain. They were seven-year-old tires, too, but I checked them and they were a lot harder and they slipped more than the new ones that were softer.