Q: Losing engine oil fast

My car engine is losing oil. I have to fill up in every two weeks. I have checked if oil is not dripping through sump plug and I found the underneath to be dry. On top of the engine there is a pool of oil that is forming there and it looks like the source of leak is a pipe that looks like a breather to me. Also, my spark plugs threads are oiled. Am I losing oil through these two places? Is it normal for a car which have travelled 236000km to lose oil this way? Is there a remedy to this?

A: Hello there, many different faults will cau...

Hello there, many different faults will cause your 2009 Toyota Yaris to leak oil. From your description of the leak it sounds like the most likely is the PCV valve. When the PCV valve fails it can cause the pressure in the crankcase to increase and oil to become sucked through the intake, fouling the spark plugs in the process. For further help, have a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect the oil loss and replace your PCV valve if needed.