Q: Lose power going up hills, slows down and stops also extremely poor gas mileage

a.) lose power going up hills, slows down and stops. b.) also extremely poor gas mileage c.) when driving over 50 miles per hour the engines sounds loud and has a loud ticking sound.

Hi There, It sounds like you may have a failing or clogged catalytic converter. The catalytic converter converts toxic exhaust gases into less harmful pollutants that are suitable to be expelled into the atmosphere. When this is clogged, this causes these gases to be backed up into the exhaust system not allowing the engine to breathe properly. When this happens, the engine is forced to work much harder to expel these gases. This often results in the engine bogging down, hesitating, shaking and causing very poor fuel economy. This should also cause a check engine light to come on as the O2 sensors should be reading the incorrect amounts of oxygen in the exhaust gases if this is your problem. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and replace your catalytic converter.

3. Lose power going up hills, slows down and stops also extremely poor gas mileage