Q: lose in power

The car starts up fine but then the check engine light comes and after you reach 15 miles per hour oyou can feel a loss of power checked all my vacuum lines change out the spark plugs spark plug wires the fuel filter and still no difference went to the mechanic to get a diagnostic test done but he couldn't get a reading from it he told me that there was some chewed-up wire somewhere I don't know if that's true or not but I did check and could not find any do u have any suggestions

Hi there. From the description you have provided, concerning your vehicle’s loss of power and check engine light on, there could be a number of things causing what you are feeling when you drive. The mechanic you took your vehicle to, hopefully did not charge you. It would be advisable to find a different mechanic/technician. It could be low fuel pump pressure causing your vehicle’s lack of power. It could also be the mass airflow sensor not calculating the incoming air to the engine. It could be that a bad TPS (throttle position sensor) is causing the ECM (engine control module) to not see a change in throttle position. The lack of communication with the ECM needs to be addressed first. The check engine light on could help with diagnoses. I recommend your vehicle’s loss of power be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

3. lose in power