Q: Loosing drive temporary

Drove the van day before, no problems, next morning went to go to the store started right up drive down the road a tiny ways Loose drive still have reverse so tried shifting to 3 an L nothing I stopped reversed a few feet put back in drive it goes again then dies out so I stopped park wait a second back to drive it goes again dies out, almost seems like something is blocking a hole and when you disengage it drops whatever it is then u can go again then picks whatever it is up again. Almost like if your vacuuming an something covers the hole you turn it off drop what ever is blocking the hole an go again til you pick it back up again... The transmission pan is new, fluid is red, and when checked the level it's full.... Please help I need my van I have three special needs children.

My car has an automatic transmission

A: It sounds like you have internal transmissi...

It sounds like you have internal transmission issues. Possibly within the valve body. Unfortunately, YourMechanic does not perform transmission repairs. I suggest taking the vehicle to a reputable transmission shop for a full diagnosis of your concern.

However, if you'd like a second opinion on this, feel free to enlist a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, who can diagnose your shifting issue and suggest a fix from there. Good luck.