Q: loosing coolant

started the car and went to check coolant temp on hidden menu as i always do and noticed it was coming up with ttt it never usually does this i drove for around 2 mins and noticed the fan was on but the car had not been running long enough for the fan to be on. went back home and noticed there was no fluid in coolant resoviour so topped this up and started car drove around for a bit came back and the fluid had went down i could not see any leaks coming from the car.

Hello, thank you for writing in. If there are no coolant leaks coming from the vehicle, then there is a strong chance the engine is consuming it. Typically this happens when coolant is leaking passed the head gasket and enters the cylinders. Check the level and the condition of the oil as well as it is often effected by these issues. Be careful driving the vehicle until you get these issues fixed. Replacing the head gasket can be a time consuming and difficult repair. We recommend that you do not attempt to make the repair unless you have the tools needed and a repair guide to walk you through it. For more help resolving the coolant leak, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.