Q: Loose steering wheel/car wandering as I am correcting.

Just recently had both front axle/cv shafts assembly replaced. Now my steering wheel is loose, and my car starts "wandering" slightly even as I'm correcting and is especially noticeable as I pick up speed on the freeway! Kinda like when you hit a patch of ice while driving in the snow. What do you think is happening? I have a 2000 Nissan Maxima SE.

Hi there. If you recently had service on front end components, but did not have the front end aligned, it’s possible that it’s not properly aligned; which can cause the floating issue you’re experiencing. It’s also possible that a different steering component, ranging from the rack and pinion gear or steering column that is loose. The best way to properly diagnose this issue is have a professional mobile mechanic complete a steering wheel feels loose inspection.

3. Loose steering wheel/car wandering as I am correcting.