Q: Loose connection in window switch

All of the windows work, but there is a loose or bad connection in the switch. Striking the door panel jars it loose sometimes. Does the master window control in the driver's side door need to be replaced?

Hi. It is possible that you can have a bad connection in the switch. The other possibility is the power window motor is bad. Striking the motor at times will help it work intermittently. Removing the actual door panel, exposing the motor and connecting the switch to check the wiring and power distribution is the way to diagnose this. Sometimes, the motors need to be replaced along with the regulator as an assembly. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect for possible electric problems your car might be having.

3. Loose connection in window switch