Q: looking for inertia switch

My car was hit in the parking lot and now wont start over fuel. The damage was in the rear and minor. But the car isnt getting gas out. Many cars have inertia switches or fuel cut offs in case of accident. Does the 2002 passat have one and where is it located.

I have owned several VWs, among them 2 Passats. A 2001 Passat GLX 5speed and a 2003 W8 6 speed manual. The Passat does not have an inertia switch to disable the fuel pump in a crash. If lack of fuel is the reason the car is not starting, the problem lies elsewhere. It’s possible that the fuel pump simply failed as that generation Passat is common for. I replaced fuel pumps in both my V6 and W8. It is also possible that no matter how minor the impact may have been, some wiring may have been damaged and caused a short in the fuel [pump circuit. The fuel pump itself as well as the fuel pump relay should be checked to be sure they are getting power.

If no power is found in the fuel pump circuit, have a certified technician look into the fuel pump circuit and why the vehicle will not start.