Q: Long hesitation when starting

Have a new battery and starter and truck has a long hesitation when starting it

3. Long hesitation when starting

Q: What would be cost effective ? Rebuilding my 5.4 triton engine or buying at refurbish one

Hi there. When it comes to rebuilding an engine and buying an engine that is rebuilt, there could be different cost when it comes to the job. When rebuilding the engine, there are engine kits that are in need to...

Q: 5.7l cuts out when you throttle the engine from a stop. Gets going sometime then hesitates. When it gets to 50 mph it runs fine.

Hi there. Check the IAC (idle air control valve) and see if its functioning. If the engine is having an issue with stumbling, the IAC could be causing the engine to stall out. If the IAC is working properly, then...

Q: Transmission hesitation problems only in reverse

One thing you may want to look at, especially since the transmission has been changed several times, is the shift cable. It is possible that the cable has stretched, and that the transmission may not be fully engaged in reverse....