Q: Lock malfunction in 1991 Ford F-150 4.60.

I have a 1991 Ford F-150 4.60. The door locks won't work. The fuses and relays are good. Any idea what it can be? There are clicking noises near the center of the steering when I press the lock.

A: Probably the modules are breaking down. The...

Probably the modules are breaking down. There's a lack of control of modules in there. It has probably gone bad. If you hear clicking, it's not activating. They don't all burn out at the same time, so if none of them work, you probably need a new module. That's a Ford-only part and they are not cheap. Then you have to reprogram the car to accept them, so you might just live without it. If you would like to have this inspected, a technician from YourMechanic can give your car an inspection to let you know exactly what fixes are needed to repair your door locking issue.