Q: Locating car gos

Hello, I know that my boyfriend put a tracking device in my car. I was trying to find it myself looking at common places such as wheels bumpers dashboard spare tire etc. But no luck. I've searched for bug detectors but it's very expensive. I've looked into taking my car to an electronic specialist but it's even more expensive. Any suggestions how I can still do it myself please? I hate being monitored . Thank you

Hello. Keep in mind that most tracking devices are usually put in places that are quickly and easily accessible by the person installing them for a quick retrieval. Pay special attention to the places around the edge of your car. Check for any suspicious boxes plugged into data ports under the dash. Check under all seats using a flashlight looking for anything that would appear to be out of place. Finally, you may want to look into purchasing what is called a "Sweeper" which is a small electronic device that looks like a walkie-talkie in some cases. It is designed to detect the presence of a radio frequency or transmission or cell signal transmission which is typically how tracking devices relay their information. When the sweeper detects a tracking device it identifies this to the user. For more information, read YourMechanic’s article about finding a tracker in your car.