Q: lights won't turn off

My car drives great, but whenever I turn off the car a random light stays on. Last night my turn signal was blinking all night long, and it wouldn't stop until I turned on the car. Tonight my brake lights are on - not all the time - but most of the time. What do you think is wrong?

A: These types of lighting malfunctions can oc...

These types of lighting malfunctions can occur if the lamp module has failed. This module generally needs to be coded by a dealer if it is replaced, unless you can either locate a precoded lamp module from the dealer or a used lamp module that comes from a donor vehicle has the exact same lighting options. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic who is well versed in the BMW coding and programming to assist in this repair. If you want this checked by a technician outside of the dealer, a certified professional from YourMechanic can inspect your lights situation and let you know what needs to be done.