Q: lights won't turn off

My car drives great, but whenever I turn off the car a random light stays on. Last night my turn signal was blinking all night long, and it wouldn't stop until I turned on the car. Tonight my brake lights are on - not all the time - but most of the time. What do you think is wrong?

These types of lighting malfunctions can occur if the lamp module has failed. This module generally needs to be coded by a dealer if it is replaced, unless you can either locate a precoded lamp module from the dealer or a used lamp module that comes from a donor vehicle has the exact same lighting options. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic who is well versed in the BMW coding and programming to assist in this repair. If you want this checked by a technician outside of the dealer, a certified professional from YourMechanic can inspect your lights situation and let you know what needs to be done.

3. lights won't turn off