Q: Lights dim go off

I own a 2007 Hyundai Azera, and my headlights and interior lights dim while I’m driving. Sometimes my whole panel lights up like everything is going to quit working. Then I loose power just for a minute, and everything is fine again. Do you have any idea what this could be? How can I fix this problem?

A: Hi! It sounds like the voltage regulator fo...

Hi! It sounds like the voltage regulator for the alternator on your Hyundai is having trouble supplying the proper voltage for your system to run. I would suggest testing the alternator and any fuses and relays related to the alternator.

Make sure the relay and the fuse have good clean contact points. Check all the connections for the alternator and battery as well to make sure they are good and tight. If you need help testing your systems YourMechanic will provide a technician to diagnose your vehicle's lights at your home or office.