Q: Q: Lights

When I start my car sometime the lights on radio&dash are dim when this comes on my running lights go right out when I shut off. Now sometime the lights are o k and then when i stop the lights go out in 30 sec.Back about 1 month my light came on but there was no codes I just reset it . Does not seem to be hurting anything. So what do think Thank you Jim

Fluctuations in lighting output can be due to a bad alternator, loose alternator drive belt, wiring faults in the lighting circuit including bad grounds and a weak battery. I recommend you have the battery load tested and, at the same time, have the charging system output tested. Normally, at the battery posts, you should see a voltage of about 14.5 volts when the car is running but the exact specification will depend on your Factory Service Manual. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.