Q: Lighting bolt type light comes on when trying to start vehicle..but doesn't want to start...can't here the fuel pump kick in

Does an ecellartor control system couse a vehicle not to start

A lighning bolt on the dash indicates that the electronic throttle control has an issue. It certainly can cause the vehicle to start and run rough or not at all, depending on the exact fault. You will need to scan the vehicle for diagnostic trouble codes to find out what component needs further testing. A certified technician, like one from YourMechanic.com, will be able to determine the exact cause of your starting issue.

3. Lighting bolt type light comes on when trying to start vehicle..but doesn't want to start...can't here the fuel pump kick in